Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hot Under the Collar



Subscribe with Bloglines

There was a fire across the lake from me. It was small and easily put out. The picture with this edition is of the other side of the lake with smoke billowing out. Many of the geese spend nights actoss the lake and they were indeed worried and floated around aimlessly waiting to see if they would have a place to stay that night,

It is right now on my shaded, covered patio a cool 103 degrees. It is 2:04PM. Even the geese are inclined to sleep under the shade trees. Usually they are commuting and communicating with everyone they meet, taking the kids with them, showing them off, tapping on my bedroom window for food. Not today. Our weather guy mentioned that it is expected to reach 104-105. I probably will go into shock this month when I see my utility bill, but better to be comfortable prior to shock and death than to be miserable and still be shocked.

I did go out specifically to acquire some more hen scratch and corn chops for the geese. They love it. As a matter of fact, yesterday I had run out so I crumbled up some unsalted tortilla chips and threw them out for the geese. They were so standoff-ish about not getting the usual, it took a loud and nervy duck to get them to try it.

I must cut this short today. I am having either a root canal done, or an extraction. I can't wait to drive home afterwards.

Until next time

3 Comments:

At July 24, 2006 7:52 PM, Blogger Gattina said...

Beautifull this picture !

 
At July 26, 2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

Not crazy about Goosekind, but your writing about them is good. You suckered me into reading more posts than I meant to!

 
At July 28, 2006 8:18 AM, Blogger mary g said...

There's a sucker born every minute, I am told. Thanks for the feedback. Is it the title or do you just not like geese?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home